🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Butternut Squash, Brussels Sprout, and Bread Stuffing with Apples

46c95f81 8d68 40a0 b855 37ed5bd3b8d4  ezblsg2fznmpiy 78wazafyeucdxdhynbmu8b0rjerk

I have a question about the recipe "Butternut Squash, Brussels Sprout, and Bread Stuffing with Apples" from Gena Hamshaw. What is the approx volume of the 10 slices of bread cubes? I need to make for a crowd and want proportions to balance.

asked by mbobden almost 3 years ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Gena, the recipe author, might have missed a notification of this question. You could try sending her a direct message with your question by going to her profile page (https://food52.com/users...) and then clicking the little envelope icon.

I'd say 7 or 8 cups, cubed and lightly packed. I haven't actually made this, but looking at the volumes of the other ingredients, that would seem to be about right. There are so many variables, but fortunately, precision is not terribly important (though you might want to add a touch more stock than the 1 1/2 cups called for, if it doesn't appear moist enough . . . again, though, that will depend on the density and staleness of the bread used.) Hope this helps! ;o)

1c5f5f3f a645 4589 9f29 7980c941ce4b  stringio

I had about 50 cubes but I didn't want it be as bready as the recipe calls for. You might want to double it otherwise.