🔕 🔔

Fridge Dinner

Since it's Monday/rainy/I'm feeling uninspired, I'm turning to the Food52 community to help me cobble together dinner from what I have in the fridge. It's like Chopped, but my fridge-style. :A handful or pulled pork, roasted white + sweet potatoes, half a bulb of celery root, a few sheets of county ham, apples, a staling rye loaf, one tomato, tomato sauce, eggs. Plus, a pretty full pantry. Help!

asked by Cristina Sciarra about 3 years ago

76811b5d bac7 450d b27b b1b0466c123f  kristin grandcanyon profileheadshot

A comfort food like this stuffing could work. From your list I would use your celeriac, white & sweet potatoes, country ham, apple, and rye bread. Best of luck!
http://www.foodnetwork...

8206833a 12da 4179 8412 a201806bf5f9  open uri20141015 5325 u90js8

Maybe a hash with the potatoes, apples and ham/pulled pork. Or hash with potatoes, tomato and egg on top.

0f493ab9 068f 4498 ba2c 95c992214d52  sit2

I like that. I wonder if the celery root could come into play there...as a variation on a "Bubble and Squeak".

Tho if the potatos are all ready roasted a 'hash' would be best----what sauce do you think would work with that type of hash? Sour cream, Horseradish? The sweet potato kind of throws that off.

And then bake the apples with Cinnamon, butter and brown sugar.

I would make a pork ragu with the pulled pork and tomato/tomato sauce, then crack a few eggs and cook in the ragu for dinner. Serve on the roasted white+sweet potatoes on the side.

8e1a20a7 1500 40f0 ad58 818107a4b9ad  540434 3765129049943 1219987725 n

okay, a few options:
1. an awesome sandwich
2. stuffing? bread pudding?
3. frittata?
xx

16f72ccb 3197 434b a946 8e9e68a3715f  cristina 014 web final

Thanks for the ideas, everyone! I love them all, and will keep each in mind for future kitchen sink-dinners.

I ended up making a shepherds' pie of sorts: pulled pork + ham; leftover apple-y caramelized onions; (pureed) celery root; both potatoes; a few nubs of cheese; and sautéed dark greens.

Thanks again! It's tomato sauce tonight.