🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Raw, Vegan Pecan Pie

54eee398 87a2 4bf4 b948 a806797e0e1f  2013 1021 gena pecan pie 003

I have a question about the recipe "Raw, Vegan Pecan Pie" from Gena Hamshaw. Do you think this would hold up without refrigeration on a 7 hour car ride? I'm thinking of packing is safely in my trunk before heading to Nebraska to visit family on Thanksgiving day!

asked by aimeegauthier almost 3 years ago

It's more like a candy than a custard pie, so I think you'd be fine. Especially with the weather the way it is this time of year. If your trunk is part of the heated car, I'd pack it in a cooler.

ktr

You could always put out on a cooler with ice packs to keep it cold if you are worried about it. Just make sure to wrap the ice packs in towels so they don't make your pie soggy as they melt.

820467dc d1b2 4071 ae7b d918a3648548  image

I think it will be cold enough in your car trunk in Nebraska on Thanksgiving Day. It is going down to 2 degrees tonight in Omaha!