Can i use a food mill instead of a potato ricer for mashed potatoes?

I have a Moulinex food mill with two discs -- will that accomplish the same thing for mashed potatoes as a potato ricer?

asked by lisabu almost 4 years ago

I use my food mill exclusively for mashed potatoes and they always are wonderful. I use the finest hole disc and it basically does exactly the same as a ricer. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

I also love my food mill for mashed potatoes, and so did my mom before me. I think of it as a ricer on steroids. It also separates the peels from the potatoes, which is a nice bonus.