I am having trouble deciding between two recipes: slow-cooker mashed potatoes Thanksgiving morning or make-ahead mashed potatoes today. Any advice?

I have never made slow-cooker mashed potatoes. Have any of you, and if so, were they as good as just-made? Thank you!

asked by Klax almost 2 years ago

Leith Devine
Leith Devine

Leith is a trusted home cook.

I make the slow cooker ones every year and they're great. Make sure to put a towel under the lid of the slow cooker so the condensation doesn't drip onto the potatoes and thin them out. Happy Thanksgiving!

Klax

Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving!

Claudia

what type of towel? does it fall into the potatoes? can you share your "recipe"? thanks!

feastathome

I would do slow cooker if you have the space in your kitchen tomorrow.

Klax

Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving!

SMSF
SMSF

SMSF is a trusted home cook.

I would go with whichever is going to be easier for you. Keep in mind that the make-aheads will need to be reheated, so you'll need to have a free burner or another means of managing that step.

Klax

Good point. Thank you! Happy Thanksgiving!

MMH
MMH

I make them a day ahead & put them on warm in crock pot so you don't need stove space.

Leith Devine
Leith Devine

Leith is a trusted home cook.

I use a terry dish towel to absorb the moisture. Make your favorite mashed potato recipe and it will keep in the crockpot. If it thickens up a bit, add some milk or cream. I use cream cheese in my mashed potatoes, but I've never posted the recipe, sorry :)