Has anyone ever doubled a meringue recipe for pies? #baking #cooking #food @Food52Hotline

asked by @_chrissyb_ almost 4 years ago

Victoria Ross
Victoria Ross

Victoria is a Recipe Tester for Food52

Yes, I regularly double meringue recipes and they work out just fine! Just make sure the bowl you use is large enough to hold the volume once the eggs reach their fullest!

Sarah Jampel
Sarah Jampel

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

Which pie recipe are you making? I think that it would work to double the recipe in terms of proportions, but I'd be worried you might run out of room in your mixer, as meringue grows in volume when you mix it!

chrissyb

Lemon, chocolate and coconut cream. I have a 6 quart mixer.

Victoria Ross
Victoria Ross

Victoria is a Recipe Tester for Food52

You'll be fine using a 6-qt. mixing bowl if you're doubling a recipe!