🔕 🔔

Has anyone ever doubled a meringue recipe for pies? #baking #cooking #food @Food52Hotline

asked by @_chrissyb_ almost 3 years ago

F3a4504e 5c9a 4561 8d32 c7f051787db2  img 3223
thehappycook

Victoria is a Recipe Tester for Food52

Yes, I regularly double meringue recipes and they work out just fine! Just make sure the bowl you use is large enough to hold the volume once the eggs reach their fullest!

Bb305185 6b66 45c6 ac96 6204c9dd8a30  dsc09796
Sarah Jampel

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

Which pie recipe are you making? I think that it would work to double the recipe in terms of proportions, but I'd be worried you might run out of room in your mixer, as meringue grows in volume when you mix it!

Lemon, chocolate and coconut cream. I have a 6 quart mixer.

thehappycook

Victoria is a Recipe Tester for Food52

You'll be fine using a 6-qt. mixing bowl if you're doubling a recipe!