What are some authentic Chinese street food?

I know baozi and dumplings. I'm more interested in the small dim sum or less known snacks like in Xi'an or Chengdu. Recipes would be great. Also I had a sort of cake filled with a type of cream in Xi'an this past summer, but I can't figure out the name (Similar to a Shi Zi Bing)! Thanks!

asked by Noah Truwit over 3 years ago

cory

Hi,I am cory from China.
I know a shi zi bing , in English is Persimmon cake, am I right?
Did you try marinated meat in baked bun in XI'an ,that's my favorite!

Noah Truwit

You are right! This cake was similar but had a different filling. What is the Chinese name for the marinated meat? 肉夹馍?

cory

This is one of the most authentic and famous street food in Xi'an , marinated meat in baked bun,in Chinese call "ROU JIA MO". If you are interested in any kind of Chinese food especially ,I can share recipes with you.
:)

Noah Truwit

That would be amazing! Can we message?

Noah Truwit

Do you have a recipe for shui juan bao (shengjian)? or nan gua bing?