🔕 🔔

Poaching Forelle pears in advance of party

I have a dinner party in one week but came across almost ripe Forelle pears this afternoon. How far in advance can I wine poach them before an event. I imagine I still have a couple of days before they are no longer firm. Or perhaps refrigerating them will keep them from ripening?

asked by nancy essig almost 3 years ago

My mom has all kinds of fruit trees on her property in San Diego. Pears, mangoes and avocados are 3 that you can slow and really almost halt the ripening of with refrigeration. Pears can be held for up to 5 days after they reach the ripeness that you want in the fridge.

0a62c55f 38bb 4f00 aefc 1de6685070d9  stringio

Thank you Susan. I am not assured a steady supply of these so had to grab them. I put them in the fridge.