Shuna Lydon
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

I store all my pies at room temperature, on the counter with a dishcloth draped over it, for protection. But it sounds like the filling of your pie was quite moist and the bottom of the crust became soggy? In that case I would re-heat it in a fairly hot oven {375F} to bring back some of the crust's crunch. So many of these variables depend on the recipe of the crust & the interior filling. My basic crust recipe is just flour, butter, salt and a very little bit of ice water to bind. Crusts without sugar or eggs tend to stay crunchier longer, once out of the oven, sitting at room temperature.