A question about a recipe: Around-the-World Coconut Popcorn Mix

732409f3 033e 4951 9d3d 52d94be6f9ee  2013 0604 coconut popcorn 026

I have a question about the recipe "Around-the-World Coconut Popcorn Mix" from vrunka. Why did my popcorn burn?

asked by lilroseglow almost 4 years ago

Sometimes my popcorn burns when my heat is too high. It helps to shake the pot frequently to distribute the kernels on the heat. And when the popping slows down, and you hear just a few kernels popping, remove your pot from the heat immediately and pour popcorn into a large bowl.

Yianna

I agree with Mrs. Larkin with the high heat; in addition, I've had experiences where sometimes it burns when you use too little oil or butter. For this reason I actually prefer to pop it in the microwave as it comes out perfectly always, but I guess paper bags are not always appealing in terms of health.