A question about a recipe: Okonomiyaki

C8141b5b 2e34 42fc 8cdd 09273b032dbb  2016 1102 okonomiyaki james ransom 219

I have a question about the recipe "Okonomiyaki" from Midge. Substitute for shrimp in okonomiyaki

asked by BurgeoningBaker about 4 years ago

You can just leave it out which would make the okonomiyaki more in the Osaka-style.

keel

I grew up eating it with chicken and steak. You really can do any protein you prefer or none at all.

ChezHenry

Haven eaten okonomiyaki at a famous establishment for it in Akasakusa Tokyo, its the equivalent of a Japanese Omelette-the ingredients are varied, and can be combined at will, based on preference. This particular establishment provides you with your ingredients, that you choose, and then you actually make it yourself on a flat griddle that you are seated at.
Basically, anything goes!