🔕 🔔

We have a mystery soup or vegetable for xmas. Any successful ideas?

I want to be unusual but do have to take some unadventurous palettes under consideration.

asked by csheago almost 3 years ago

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

I only had Roasted Cream of Chestnut soup a few times but I think its holiday worthy.

kohlrabi served in a salad...batonnets or discs - unusual, but easy to accommodate to first time eaters - crisp, fresh, nice.

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I'm totally in love with this soup: https://food52.com/recipes... It could fit your definition of "mysterious" because you can't tell what it is by looking at it. Is it carrot? Sweet potato? It's also pretty light and sweet-tart. Even my husband likes it, and he's about the pickiest person I know.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

This soup is surprisingly good and simple to make - I would recommend starting with less mustard and brine then adding to taste, but otherwise following the recipe and allowing the toast to just start to burn: http://www.washingtonpost...

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

A creamy, buttery cauliflower puree looks like mashed or pureed potatoes: http://www.foodandwine...

How about a roasted parsnip soup with cardamom

Parsnip soup is a genius idea. Or try pureed parsnips, or celery root.