A question about a recipe: Italian Calamari Salad

44108752 56c6 4b07 87cd 522af036a40d  calamari

I have a question about the recipe "Italian Calamari Salad" from blanka.n. How long can I leave it in the fridge before serving?

asked by tkoz about 4 years ago

former Community Editor

The recipe author might have missed your question, you could try sending her a direct message by clicking the envelope button on her profile page: https://food52.com/users...

I don't know what the author's intentions were, but I don't like to leave any fresh seafood salad sitting around - even in the fridge - for too long. If the dressing is acidic, it may change the texture of the calamari in an unattractive way. Acid "cooks" seafood, and if made too far ahead, it could turn to mush. Or worse.