Spices in blueberry pie

Looking for good spices to my blueberry pie. Not brand of spice, but spice parring

asked by Jenny Maria almost 4 years ago

Ground cloves pairs well with blueberries

I like a little bit of nutmeg in my blueberry pie.

Posie (Harwood) Brien

Cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice are safe bets -- but I've done a cinnamon, lemon zest, and black pepper combination before and liked it, and also rosemary is interesting and good.

Wow! The cinnamon, lemon zest, black pepper combination sounds great!

I like nutmeg with blueberries too. Five Spice powder also works well if the blueberries have a sturdy taste, not frozen too long and lagging in taste.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Shalini

How about some herbs? Lemon thyme, lavender, or tarragon are all nice with blueberries.

two additions to the good ideas so far. Mint, if you'll consider herbs for flavoring. And some citrus - lemon, orange or lime - if you're using cultivated berries, which tend to have less flavor than wild.

I like blueberry with vanilla and lemon
Or coconut
And cinnamon

Bay + vanilla. Infuse the cooked part of the filling with good bay leaves. Let sit several hours. Add vanilla right before putting into crust. ;o)

I put lime and mint in my blueberry pie.

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Vote with grated or candied lemon peel. Lemon peel is also divine in a blueberry crisp topped w cornmeal. The lemon peel (strips of zest) candies in the oven. Cornmeal is mixed w other ingredients including sugar, natch. Maybe some cinnamon, but all that lingers on my mind's tongue is the warm blueberry, mild cornmeal crunch, and the candied lemon peel...