Secret Santa 2014

Merry Christmas y'all how many people didn't receive their Secret Santa packages this year. Was I the only one :( Bug Humbug

• Posted by: Nan
  • December 25, 2014

Merrill Stubbs December 25, 2014

I have my suspicions about the postal service falling down on the job -- my swapee still hasn't received hers, and I sent it 10 days ago!

Voted the Best Reply!

hardlikearmour December 25, 2014

Don't dis the postal service :-) -- They did spectacularly well for me this year. I shipped off 8 packages to pretty much all corners of the country, and most of them arrived 2 days after I sent them (the one to Hawaii took a little longer and got a little banged up). I ♥ the priority mail flat rate boxes and the USPS!!

Susan W December 25, 2014

HLA, they were awesome for me too. Delivered a package of goodies from Portland to my daughter in ND in two days. I'm in love with flat rate shipping.

On top of that, in my area, they had two usps trucks (each with lit trees in their cabs) delivering packages after their regular mail was delivered to help them stay on top of things. Not sure if they did that everywhere, but it was great here in Lake Oswego.

Kim
Kim December 25, 2014

You're not the only one.....I didn't receive one, either.

Panfusine
Panfusine December 25, 2014

I mailed in my package to my giftee on Dec. 15th, but haven't heard back.. (Unfortunately lost the receipt with the tracking number).

nancy essig
nancy essig December 26, 2014

I do not have one yet either :(

nancy essig
nancy essig December 26, 2014

I do not know how to find out if my swapee received her package, I mailed the right away.

Susan W December 26, 2014

Nancy, did you get a tracking number? If so, you can look it up and see when it was delivered. The tracking number should be on your receipt.

nancy essig
nancy essig December 26, 2014

cookbookchick
cookbookchick December 26, 2014

The email Noelle sent me provided an email address for my giftee. If not, email Noelle and ask for the email address Or ask her for the giftee's Food53 name. With that, you can message your giftee directly through his or her profile page.

cookbookchick
cookbookchick December 28, 2014

Oops! Food52, not 53.

nancy essig
nancy essig December 26, 2014

I feel dumb. Thanks Susan W. I found my mailing receipt and there was a tracking #. Yay! it was delivered on the 17th.

Susan W December 26, 2014

Don't feel dumb. If I didn't have an out of state daughter, I wouldn't know about the tracking number on the receipt either. :)

ChefJune January 7, 2015

My tracking info tells me my package was delivered on December 20, but I have yet to hear from my giftee. I've emailed Noelle to try to get some more info on her, but have not heard back. Seems a bit odd the giftee wouldn't say something, somewhere... On the other hand, I got the most FABULOUS box from my Secret Santa! Served some of the goodies on Christmas Day. What a godsend! and am still enjoying the rest.

Dona
Dona January 7, 2015

My giftee didn't acknowledge either, but I do know it was delivered. That's disappointing, but it was still fun. I received fun, delicious gifts from Annie in Oklahoma.

Panfusine
Panfusine January 7, 2015

Same here, I even emailed her to let her know that her package was mailed out, but no reply at all to even the email, Kind of like a dead end. (MY own santa Hardlikearmour/HLA)'s splendid package reached me just fine on time using the same USPS. Another package I sent out over a week later reached the intended person in time for Christmas and I got her thank you note, so I know its not a delay on the postal service's part.

nancy essig
nancy essig January 7, 2015

I have not yet received my package and am sad. I was so looking forward to this. I also had my giftees' package delivered by the 17th of December and she will not acknowledge receipt . She ignores my email. Too bad some people wreck for others. I have also not had replies from anyone at food52 on this. Too bad

cookinginvictoria
cookinginvictoria January 11, 2015

Nancy, did your package ever show up? If not, dm Enbe (Noelle) at https://food52.com/users... and she will try to follow up.

ChefJune January 10, 2015

Well, today I received a beautiful snail mail note from the person I sent a gift to. So now I feel bad to have complained... and part of my gift was my "famous" gluten-free brownies. It turns out her husband is celiac. I couldn't have possibly known, but it made me feel great that he could enjoy them too.