It should be fine but to be sure, take a little; heat and taste. If it tastes at all off, don't use it. But more likely, it will taste fine

kimhw

With anything but fish, I have a 5 day rule. Eat in 5 days, after that throw it away.

Jeannine Doyle

Well, it will be four tomorrow, so I'm good! Thanks

Nancy Harmon Jenkins
Nancy Harmon Jenkins

Nancy is a food writer, historian, and author of many books, her most recent being Virgin Territory: Exploring the World of Olive Oil, forthcoming from Houghton Mifflin.

It should be fine if it's been refrigerated. Then if there's any left over, freeze it and you'll have plenty the next time--or to add to another pasta sauce or soup.