Last day! Take 20% off $150+ with code GOGOGIFTS. Go grant some wishes » details
Enter code GOGOGIFTS at checkout. Offer valid through 11:59pm ET 12/11/16. U.S. only. Certain restrictions and exclusions apply.
🔕 🔔

I made a mix of cooked ground chicken, cooked ground pork seasoning in processor, how long will extra mix last in fridge? or can I freeze it?

I used it to stuff olives

asked by therightingredient almost 2 years ago
94ff4163 13ec 407a a53b 792c87641e55  fsm
trampledbygeese

trampledbygeese is a trusted home cook.

Sounds yummy.

I usually keep something like that for 2 or 3 days after cooking in the fridge. As for freezing, I wouldn't have a problem with it personally but I don't know the official Food Safe verdict on that.

ktr

I agree with Trampledbygeese. I'd only keep it in the fridge for a few days but it should last for a year in the freezer (and truth be told, I've had meat in the freezer for longer than a year). If you have a food sealer, your meat will have no problem lasting a year in the freezer. If you don't, I would wrap it in plastic wrap and then freezer paper or put it in a freezer plastic bag.

I freeze ground meat all the time. You just want to freeze it when it's as freshly cooked as you can.

Here's a good trick for those who don't have a food saver that my 87 year old mom taught me many years ago. Put whatever you want to freeze in a zipper type plastic bag. Zip it most of the way closed. Stick a big straw (I use my Starbucks straw) in the small opening. Suck the air in the bag out with the straw. You'll know you're finished when the bag is sealed around the food. The trick is pulling the straw out without letting air in, but you'll get the hang of it.