Lemongrass syrup?

Weird question! I had a bunch of lemongrass that I wanted to use up, so I made a quick flavored simple syrup with it. Now I've got a mason jar full of lemongrass syrup in my fridge and no real plans on what to do with it. Anyone have some ideas on what I could do with it? Cocktails? Cakes?

TobiT
TobiT December 29, 2014

Add to green tea - hot or iced.
Fruit sorbet or granita.
Also (though I've never tried this) - maybe add to some sort of nut cake?

HalfPint December 29, 2014

Use as a topping for fresh silken tofu. The fresher your tofu, the better this dessert is.

Nancy December 29, 2014

Great addition to lemonade or ginger tea, plain or alcoholic. Also possibly will work in a noodle, bread or rice pudding with Asian/fusion flavor profile. Add to whipped cream to top filled sweet dumplings or fruit compote. Use in a barbecue sauce to finish roast chicken or duck. Enjoy and let us know which way(s) you used & most enjoyed it.

Panfusine
Panfusine December 29, 2014

Muddle vodka with with THai basil and a bit of ginger, add the lemongrass simple syrup and top up with seltzer

Maedl December 30, 2014

Or substitute Prosecco for the vodka. happy New Year!