Lemongrass syrup?

Weird question! I had a bunch of lemongrass that I wanted to use up, so I made a quick flavored simple syrup with it. Now I've got a mason jar full of lemongrass syrup in my fridge and no real plans on what to do with it. Anyone have some ideas on what I could do with it? Cocktails? Cakes?

asked by lorimer82 over 3 years ago

TobiT

Add to green tea - hot or iced.
Fruit sorbet or granita.
Also (though I've never tried this) - maybe add to some sort of nut cake?

Use as a topping for fresh silken tofu. The fresher your tofu, the better this dessert is.

Great addition to lemonade or ginger tea, plain or alcoholic. Also possibly will work in a noodle, bread or rice pudding with Asian/fusion flavor profile. Add to whipped cream to top filled sweet dumplings or fruit compote. Use in a barbecue sauce to finish roast chicken or duck. Enjoy and let us know which way(s) you used & most enjoyed it.

Panfusine

Muddle vodka with with THai basil and a bit of ginger, add the lemongrass simple syrup and top up with seltzer

Or substitute Prosecco for the vodka. happy New Year!