Has anyone baked the Cinnamon-Sugar Breakfast Puffs? How puffy are they supposed to be?

I halved the sugar and used ALL buckwheat flour and they didn't rise much but were like a very light, airy quick-bread. What is texture like with AP flour and full sugar (creampuff-like?). Dough was so gluey I was surprised they were light at all!

asked by sydney almost 4 years ago

navahfrost

I make these according to the recipe with AP flour. They don't get hugely puffy, but they do rise to about the size of a doughnut hole. The texture is light, but not say, with big air holes like pate-a choux, which is what's used for cream puffs. More like a fluffy ball of cake. . . mmmm. . .delicious.

sydney

Thanks! Sounds like a very forgiving recipe, then. That sounds like the texture I got with buckwheat flour and half sugar! I'm surprised. (Agree, they were delicious!)