Today's the last day of our NYC Holiday Market. So come see us! »
🔕 🔔

Chicken El Parador

NY'ers, former New Yorkers et alia- I'm looking for a recipe for Chicken El Parador- El Parador is a Mexican place on 34th street that's been around since the 60's they make this vinegary-garlicky fried/steamed chicken that was amazing (maybe not so much anymore, but que sera sera).

I've never seen the recipe printed anywhere, internet search comes up blank, and am feeling nostalgic for New York and that chicken, I've tried a few different ways but can never capture the flavor... maybe maybe someone pout there in Food52 world can find the recipe?

asked by Aliwaks almost 2 years ago
E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

HEY! So, I don't know the joint you are talking about but I DID make a crazy good vinegary garlicky chicken stew from the cook book Yucatan recently, I bet you could horse it around to fit your needs (go as far as the marinade, then fry it up) - it's the Pollo En Bistec page 264. You need this book.