fried chicken

I'm making Gluten Free Fried Chicken and I'm having problems getting the inside to be properly cooked before the outside is burnt looking. I'm using a deep fryer, tried both 350 and 325 degrees both with equally burnt looking chicken.

asked by Jennifer Escamilla over 2 years ago

scruz

i've never made fried chicken but i'm just throwing this out...are you taking chicken out of fridge an hour or so before frying? is your fryer's temp true? what are you using as a coating? is it's burning point too low or is there something you can cut it with?

Exbruxelles

When I fry chicken--once a year, for a kids' birthday-- I use an ancient cast iron skillet on medium heat and am patient. It takes almost a half an hour to get chicken pieces that are both nicely browned and cooked through. And although I never do, mostly because I don't want to have to wash another pan, finishing the chicken in the oven will work just fine.

Exbruxelles

Jennifer Escamilla

I can't wait to try this with the oven trick! Thank you so much from all your great input.

Jennifer Escamilla

I tried the suggestion of getting the prefect color in the fryer and then tossing them in the oven. Perfect chicken! It was great! Thank you so much for all of your help.