🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Roasted Acorn Squash with Maple and Red Pepper Flakes

174ce932 9fc4 4e14 bc19 55f3e2732a68  squish

I have a question about the recipe "Roasted Acorn Squash with Maple and Red Pepper Flakes" from Kendra Vaculin. Do you keep the skin on the acorn squash? If so can you eat it?

asked by Christine Craver over 2 years ago

8671a78d 7dd4 4230 a4ec 2a67389ef45e  image

I prepared acorn squash for Thanksgiving 2014 and left the skin on, and it was edible! I ended up cooking the squash, cut into 1/2 inch wedges, on the grill in foil packets (power failure + electric oven = gotta improvise!). The skin seemed to help the wedges hold their shape.

I decided to keep the skin on as well. It was a delicious dinner with a mixed greens side salad. Thank you for your response! I will keep this recipe in my arsenal.