🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Black Sesame Banana Cake with Peanut Butter

D2effb99 f51e 421b 8370 501e59c83a3f  2014 1219 black sesame loaf cake with banana 015

I have a question about the recipe "Black Sesame Banana Cake with Peanut Butter" from Sarah Jampel. What happens if I leave out some of the sesame seeds? Could I sub tahini for the portion of sesame seeds that will be ground? I have black sesame, only not enough.

asked by Windischgirl over 3 years ago

Yes, I often sub tahini & sesame seed for one another. But/ and remember the fat on the thaini. I''ve not seen the recipe. Shouldn't be a problem for 2-3 tbsp seeds. More than that ans you might want to reduce fat in recipe by 1 tbsp.

Sarah Jampel
Sarah Jampel

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

You could always substitute white sesame seeds for black ones!