A question about a recipe: Apple Cheddar Muffins

2cc52cec 9b0d 4d09 9081 b6d8b0fd7a47  muffin

I have a question about the recipe "Apple Cheddar Muffins" from fiveandspice. Hello! I was wondering whether anyone has tried these with another cheese, such as parmesan? I've got a whole bunch of parmesan sitting in my fridge to be used.Thanks so much!

asked by Yianna almost 4 years ago

haven't tried it but see no problem. when substituting one cheese for another, you'll obviously get different (good) tastes. Keep in mind that you'll get better results subbing by texture - a hard cheese (like Parm) for a hard cheese (like cheddar). Not hard for soft or vice versa.

Yianna

Ah, thanks for the great tips Nancy! I'll try it out this week.

C G

Sounds good! Save all your parmesan rinds and you can use them to enrich your soup stock. They can be frozen.

Yianna

Mmmm! Fabulous idea, thank you!