Most Recent Contest

Help. I just typed up a soup recipe I've been working on, but it won't let me publish it to the contest. When I click the button, it just sits there staring at me. All the field are filled in and I clicked the "I promise I made this up" button. It says there are hours left to submit, so I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Gack!!

• Posted by: Susan W
  • January 12, 2015

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen January 12, 2015

Try just publishing the recipe without entering it to a contest just to see if it shows up and then go back with your edit button and try to enter it. If that doesn't work contact the editors.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen January 12, 2015

Are you adding a photo? If not you still need to "save" the recipe.

Susan W January 12, 2015

Thank you for trying though. :)

Susan W January 12, 2015

I have no choice unless I want to type it all up again. In fact, I looked and there is no option to post a photo which I wanted to do. It's like I'm in twilight zone. I don't think I have the patience to start over, but for some reason, it's not recognizing that I want to post a recipe for the contest. It will be too late when the editors may see my email. The contest is over at 2am. Oh well, something went awry. In fact, I typed it up twice because it did the same thing the first time. There is nothing that says "save". Only "publish", but it's greyed out.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen January 12, 2015

Something may be wrong here. Normally the contest doesn't end until 6:00 pm Eastern time on Tuesday. I'd still email the editors and have your recipe on the ready.

Susan W January 12, 2015

I thought it seemed early to end it at 2am on Tuesday. Okay, will do. Thanks Pat.

Lindsay-Jean Hard January 12, 2015

So sorry you're having troubles Susan. If you haven't already, do send a note to the editors' inbox ([email protected] for anyone else who might be reading this!), someone will help sort it out tomorrow and make sure the recipe gets considered for the contest.

Susan W January 12, 2015

Thanks Lindsay-Jean. Just sent them an email.

Susan W January 13, 2015

Pat, you were right. It was a glitch in the system. All has been fixed. Thanks to you and Lindsay-Jean for encouraging me to contact the editors.