I need a vegetable dish that will go with Pork Tender

I have supper club tomorrow and the host just told me what the entre is..so I am thinking green beans and new potatoes but that sounds so bland

asked by Chez Skip almost 4 years ago

If you're interested in sauteed apples and onions, or sauteed red cabbage, let me know and I can post some recipes for you

Nicholas Day has a popular red cabbage & apples side dish on this site that would be great. https://food52.com/recipes...

How about Merrill's shaved Brussels sprout salad
https://food52.com/recipes...

Two of my favorites on this site: One Pot Kale and Quinoa Pilaf and Kale Gratin.

Chef Lisa

I like Ms. James suggestion. Also, sweet potatoes in any form will also pair well.

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

I just recently made a cauliflower-rutabaga puree as a side for pork which worked wonderfully. I braised a head of cauliflower (cut into florets) in butter until tender, and simmered 3 small quartered rutabagas in water until tender, and then puréed the two together with a little more butter and a little warm half-and-half (and S&P of course). It's pretty rich though, so an additional side of something green and acidic would work well (I made a green salad but I also think brussel sprouts in an acidic vinaigrette or balsamic glaze would pair well).