Best way to cook a sirloin tip roast?

would it be best braised in the oven slowly for several hours or would it be okay if i put it in the oven at 500 for 10 min per pound and then turn off for an additional 10 min per pound....or would it turn out tough this way?

asked by mlsparks almost 4 years ago

I cook with tri-tip, flank & skirt steak often. How many pounds? Here's basic oven method from the NYT: To oven-roast a tri-tip, prepare meat with rub and refrigerate as instructed. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil or other cooking oil to a large, heavy ovenproof pan. On stovetop, heat on high until pan is very hot, then add tri-tip, fat side down. Turn heat to medium-high and sear roast for about 4 minutes. Turn the roast and put it in the oven. Cook it for about 10 minutes a pound, checking with an instant-read thermometer until it reaches 130 degrees for medium-rare.

mlsparks

it is about 3 pounds...this sounds just like what i was looking for! Thank you!! :)

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

I'm going to try this recipe within the next few days:
https://food52.com/recipes...