nancy essig

You can get pre peeled favas dried. I would peel them after soaking because that is how I learned, some think you should not peel favas ever. Do what works for you.

Jan Weber

Sometimes skins of dried favas will start to shed upon rehydrating. Once dried the skins will become tough, therefore most people remove them altogether. However, it is common to cook and eat fresh favas unpeeled.

Shuna Lydon
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

Yes, you may skip peeling favas, especially dried ones. I, for one, think peeling fava beans is unnecessary and very time consuming.

Threemoons

Old topic, but thanks for the confirmation--I accidentally bought unpeeled dried favas and I don't want them to go to waste, but I am NOT peeling them either.