🔕 🔔

How to Make Overnight Oats Without a Recipe: warm?

Is there any reason not to heat up the oats in the morning, if I prefer to eat them warm?

asked by Cristina Sciarra over 2 years ago

ktr

You can definitely heat them up in the morning if you want to.

I like my warm too so I let them sit overnight in my small pan and then just do a quick heat up to warm up. It's a favorite breakfast of mine making them savory - turmeric, salt, black pepper - and if there's time in the am a soft boiled egg on top and some greens... Mmmm

4f98639e b8b3 42cd 9b01 ec8a503c5fdd  2010 09 15 14.22.07

I absolutely prefer them warm! I make a pot at the beginning of the week. On the first morning, I spoon what I want into a bowl, cover with waxed paper and microwave for a minute or two, then add whatever I am going to add (fruit, nuts, jam, milk, etc.). The rest goes into a sealed container which I keep in the fridge and dip into over the next few days, until it's time to start again. Yum!

239f46df 56e5 44e7 bccd 04b56ff8320b  original

No reason! Overnight slow cooker oats might be a good option - warm, easy and delicious!