A question about a recipe: Black Sesame Banana Cake with Peanut Butter

D2effb99 f51e 421b 8370 501e59c83a3f  2014 1219 black sesame loaf cake with banana 015

I have a question about the recipe "Black Sesame Banana Cake with Peanut Butter" from Sarah Jampel. Hi. A good Substitute to buckwheat flour? Normal Wheat Flour? Whole wheat flour? Corn Flour? I cant find buckwheat nowhere in Portugal.

asked by Daniel Silva over 3 years ago

ktr
ktr

I have used rye flour in its place before.

Daniel Silva

Thanks. I'm going to do that too.

former Community Editor

It's a forgiving recipe! I used more all-purpose flour in place of the buckwheat (and the almond actually) and it was great.

Daniel Silva

Thank you. I think I will use the Rye Flour instead of the Buckwheat.

Jan Weber

I don't think buckwheat is used much in Portugal. I'm rather certain, however, that you can find rye flour (farinha de centeio) in most supermarkets there, especially in the North because pão de centeio is popular there.

Daniel Silva

I'm Portuguese and I never heard of Buckwheat. But Rye Flour we use a lot and I even have it in my house so I don't need to go buy it. Thank you.