🔕 🔔

What is your favourite flour or starch for Crispy Fried Chicken wings ?

Hello to all Fried Chicken Lovers!

What makes you choose certain flour or starch over others? Please share whether your preferred choice of flour or starch makes it crispier, crunchier, lighter/ airier or craggier ?

Here are some of the flour/ starch which I have experimented for fried chicken and have worked pretty well for me:
1. Premix tempura flour
2. Corn flour
3. Glutinous rice flour
4. Plain wheat flour/ Plain flour/ All Purpose flour
5. Self-raising flour
6. Rice flour
7. Tapioca starch
8. Corn starch
9. Potato starch

asked by Yal 11 months ago

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

I use AP flour for my fried chicken. I've experimented with other types of flour, but always come back to the standard AP flour. I have found that brining the chicken makes it moist and tender. Lately, I've been making this recipe and really enjoy it. Here's a link in case you'd like to try it: https://food52.com/recipes...

2487144e c60d 4bdc b4cc 4af767a9ad96  img 6405

AP flour for me as well. Marinate the chicken in buttermilk for no more than an hour before frying, mix salt/pepper into AP flour and that is it. BB