🔕 🔔

I made Caramelized Onion dip from scratch this weekend but have a ton leftover. What can I do with it?

It's just red onion, dried thyme, s&p, cream cheese and sour cream.

asked by alexia schmidt over 2 years ago

A few ideas:
- Add to scrambled eggs (I recently had some leftover chile cheese dip and did this - yum!)
- Thin with a bit of buttermilk and use as a pasta or salad dressing
- Use in a chicken marinade (you'll probably need to add a bit more acid - wine vinegar or lemon juice
- Or go old school and find a casserole recipe...it should be fine to toss some in that ;-)

Use instead of beaten eggs or a French mayo-mustard spread to coat some protein (fish, chicken) or sliced vegv
(Eggplant et am) before baking. Optional to dip the wet-coated food in crunchy extras (chopped nuts, bread crumbs, crumbled unsweet breakfast cereal), then bake.

F1b191d2 7692 4709 b595 c9ad6c879ac3  flag1

Try adding it to a grilled cheese sandwich. I did the same with an onion relish and the sandwich was a hit.