I made Caramelized Onion dip from scratch this weekend but have a ton leftover. What can I do with it?

It's just red onion, dried thyme, s&p, cream cheese and sour cream.

Stephanie
Stephanie February 3, 2015

A few ideas:
- Add to scrambled eggs (I recently had some leftover chile cheese dip and did this - yum!)
- Thin with a bit of buttermilk and use as a pasta or salad dressing
- Use in a chicken marinade (you'll probably need to add a bit more acid - wine vinegar or lemon juice
- Or go old school and find a casserole recipe...it should be fine to toss some in that ;-)

Voted the Best Reply!

keg72
keg72 February 3, 2015

Send it to me?? I love caramelized onion dip!! Actually, I have an excellent use for it -- use it in mashed potatoes, adding milk (or cream or your liquid of choice) to thin out the potatoes to your desired consistency.

Nancy February 4, 2015

Use instead of beaten eggs or a French mayo-mustard spread to coat some protein (fish, chicken) or sliced vegv
(Eggplant et am) before baking. Optional to dip the wet-coated food in crunchy extras (chopped nuts, bread crumbs, crumbled unsweet breakfast cereal), then bake.

Fat Tony
Fat Tony February 4, 2015

Try adding it to a grilled cheese sandwich. I did the same with an onion relish and the sandwich was a hit.