🔕 🔔

For the carmelized onion dip...do you mean Spanish onion like in red onion..

asked by Maureen over 3 years ago

8425a5f0 773c 4ccd b24e 9e75b44477a8  monita photo

Not sure which recipe you are referring too but generally speaking caramelized onions are not made with red onions. Any yellow onion will do.

The recipe is on the Food52 iPad app for holiday recipes and party planning guide

9a61d3c7 2821 4579 8601 c61c43d1c19f  img 0472

My friend Mr. Google has informed me a Spanish Onion is a large onion with mild flavor. Go with a large yellow onion and you're fine. I made this dip last year and actually planned on making it again this week, it's deeelish.