🔕 🔔

Any favorite short rib recipes?

asked by lifestooshort over 6 years ago

7d2e9fbe d94b 4831 9a41 e7e53d9676f8  img 0061

I just made red wine braised short ribs for Christmas and it was a winner all around. My jumping off point was this recipe: http://www.foodandwine...
It is pretty adaptable to change, if you want. I let the braising liquid cool after the ribs were tender so I could skim off the fat, and decided to roast some root vegetables and celery, instead of the more pot-roast like braised vegetables. I just warmed the ribs back up for the last 10-15 minutes of roasting, which gave them a nice texture. Oh, and I cooked mushrooms and added to the wine braising liquid, but I'm the sort that thinks everything could use a bit more umami.

This is a French twist http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Thanks, prettypeas and pierino! These are great ideas. I'll have to buy more short ribs to try both recipes, plus whatever wonderful things show up in this week's contest.