Cauliflower and Potato Soup (today's recipe Feb 16 2015

Step 4 says "In a blender, food processor, or with an immersion blender, blend about half the soup until desired consistency. Stir in the cheese, half-and-half, and crème fraîche." Question: what do you do with the other half of the soup? Do you leave it chunky and return the blended to the pot? Or are you supposed to blend all the soup in two batches?????

asked by cbloomer almost 4 years ago

When you blend half of the soup return it to the soup pot and combine with the chunky mixture. Add all other suggested ingredients and enjoy.

Btw, that's one of those directions you can ignore or modify to taste. As is, designed to give you a mixture of texture (some solids) & taste (blended liquid). But if you prefer all chunky, omit the blending. If all smooth, blend all.

Ardis Dartez

Blend in batches for consistency.