I made a pear and cauliflower soup with no milk/cream/potatoes. It separated slightly in the fridge, how can I save it?

(based on this recipe, with no hazelnuts: http://www.firstfruittable.com/cauliflower-soup/)

asked by Allison Chang almost 2 years ago

Amanda Sims
Amanda Sims

Amanda is the Design & Home Editor at Food52

I'd try giving it a whiz with an immersion blender!

Agree, and I would do the blending shortly before serving (don't give that soup a chance to separate again).

Allison Chang

Would adding cream/milk at this point and then reblending help at all?

By the way, I think the hazelnuts in the original recipe helped emulsify the soup and keep it together.
If you have some and no reason not to use them, try adding them.
Other possible emulsifyers, to hold the soup together - small amounts of egg yolk, mayo, prepared mustard