Would love suggestions for what to serve with roasted cauliflower soup (soup has chimichurri and poblano creme freche). Soup can be side or m

Cooking for my friends (who are MUCH better cooks) tomorrow for dinner

• Posted by: Megan
  • October 22, 2015

ChefJune October 22, 2015

If you want to make it the main course, I'd bake or buy a fabulous bread and really good butter. And I'd make a big mixed vegetable salad to go alongside or after the soup. With a homemade vinaigrette, of course! ;)

soozbooz3
soozbooz3 October 22, 2015

Skirt or flank steak sandwiches would be a nice pair. on heavily buttered bread it doesn't get much easier. soup and sandwich combo is always a hit. you could make a salad to round it out with a lime based dressing. maybe slices of manchego cheese on it.
If you'd like to keep it vegetarian, a Gallette would be nice with goat cheese and/or manchego cheese olives and caramelized onions I'm thinking. anchovies if your guests are adventurous. Sorry I don't have a recipe but would suggest tossing it all together like a pizza using creme freche as your "sauce" or even plain tomato sauce, fold up the sides, and bake at 350-400 for 30-40min or so. keep your eye on it.

Susan W October 22, 2015

I see something simple such as roasted tail on shrimp. I put them in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and possibly a little nacho chili powder. Roast for 4-6 minutes (depending on size) at 425f. It's a wonderful way to prepare shrimp and the color would be pretty next to the soup. Serve with some crusty bread and you have a lovely dinner.

Exbruxelles
Exbruxelles October 22, 2015

Maybe a fancy quesadilla?

And: Am I the only one who wants the recipe for the soup? It sounds fantastic.

Susan W October 22, 2015

No, I'm with you on that. It sounds really good.

Megan
Megan October 22, 2015

These all sound amazing, thank you!!! Here's the soup recipe: https://food52.com/recipes.... Haven't made it before, but I'm very excited to!