🔕 🔔

Would love suggestions for what to serve with roasted cauliflower soup (soup has chimichurri and poblano creme freche). Soup can be side or m

Cooking for my friends (who are MUCH better cooks) tomorrow for dinner

asked by Megan almost 2 years ago

If you want to make it the main course, I'd bake or buy a fabulous bread and really good butter. And I'd make a big mixed vegetable salad to go alongside or after the soup. With a homemade vinaigrette, of course! ;)

64fa16d9 92de 4ff6 bd54 c75e39523296  me

Skirt or flank steak sandwiches would be a nice pair. on heavily buttered bread it doesn't get much easier. soup and sandwich combo is always a hit. you could make a salad to round it out with a lime based dressing. maybe slices of manchego cheese on it.
If you'd like to keep it vegetarian, a Gallette would be nice with goat cheese and/or manchego cheese olives and caramelized onions I'm thinking. anchovies if your guests are adventurous. Sorry I don't have a recipe but would suggest tossing it all together like a pizza using creme freche as your "sauce" or even plain tomato sauce, fold up the sides, and bake at 350-400 for 30-40min or so. keep your eye on it.

I see something simple such as roasted tail on shrimp. I put them in a bowl, drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and possibly a little nacho chili powder. Roast for 4-6 minutes (depending on size) at 425f. It's a wonderful way to prepare shrimp and the color would be pretty next to the soup. Serve with some crusty bread and you have a lovely dinner.

Maybe a fancy quesadilla?

And: Am I the only one who wants the recipe for the soup? It sounds fantastic.

No, I'm with you on that. It sounds really good.

These all sound amazing, thank you!!! Here's the soup recipe: https://food52.com/recipes.... Haven't made it before, but I'm very excited to!