truffle egg salad from Hesser NYT

Need to make amanda's truffle egg salad for 50..how do I scale up?

asked by awbauer over 3 years ago

Recipe says it serves 4, so multiply by 12.5: 100 eggs, 3 cups + 2 T olive oil, 12.5 T Dijon, 12.5 T mayo, truffle salt to taste. Mix the dressing first and add the salt to taste before you add the eggs. I'd likely start with 1 teaspoon, and add in by 1/4 teaspoon increments until I was happy with it.

Meaghan F

Small suggestion: since you're making such a big batch, it might be easier/more economical to sub truffle oil for some of the regular oil - I find it's cheaper than truffle butter or salt and would probably make it easier to control the overall truffle profile.