🔕 🔔

Wine or beer pairing for frisée, egg & truffle salt salad?

Making a salad of frisée lettuce, poached egg, crispy pancetta and truffle salt - what would a good wine be? I'm thinking a white..

asked by Megan about 3 years ago

lloreen

Personally, I'd opt for a really nice dry Reisling. I thought I hated Reisling until I tasted some in Austria and they are very refreshing and not sweet. Your meal sounds lovely!

irina

French Chardonnay. Not California! Totally different flavor. Crisp and dry.
Good mouth feel.
I love that salad.

SprigAndPepper

One of my favorite salads - and I always pair with a dry, crisp rose.

Tony S

I agree with a nice dry white, such as the Reisling suggestion below. But, if you have beer drinkers, you might want to offer a Belgian Style Tripel. La Fin Du Monde is an outstanding choice. Drinker beware; these pack a punch.

If you''re open to the idea or taste of reds, Beaujolais or zinfandel or any light red. Or, back to whites, champagne.

QueenSashy is a trusted home cook.

Love the salad. Another vote for champagne or a nice dry, mineral white to counter all these high punch flavors...