🔕 🔔

We lived in Louisiana and I've lost my recipe for SAUCE-A-RUE-YAH. Can you help me? Old Cajun woman showed me.

It's a pork roast with cloves stuck all in it and cooked it in a old electric frypan till done. Adding water as needed. A dark stringy rue collects all on the sides- and you deglaze it and then use flour and ???...... To make a rich gravy. Then slice roast and lay in gravy an simmer. I'm not sure if spell/pronounced right.

asked by Cathy Simpson over 2 years ago

68de587a 1415 4682 863f 6f7a5c5c1744  dsc 0013
Trena Heinrich

Trena is a trusted source on general cooking.

Cathy - Here's a tutorial from Food52 on making a roux. This might be a good place to start to help you re-create your recipe. Best of luck, here's the link https://food52.com/blog...