Marinated pork shoulder in mojo its cooked and flavorless. Can I add flavor now for cuban sandwiches for tonight?

If so what should I marinate it in I made a homemade mojo that didn't penetrate the meat overnight. It had alot of raw garlic so I don't know about making a new batch and marinating it in that because its cooked very tender.

• Posted by: Bryan
  • March 5, 2015

Bryan
Bryan March 5, 2015

Times running out 28 views and no ideas.. Hmm just throw some ideas at me please.

C Sangueza
C Sangueza March 5, 2015

I'm not Cuban, but I'd make a cooked sauce, with some chopped onion, garlic, cumin, and grated tomato cooked down until it is thick and put that on top of the meat before pressing the sandwiches.
Good luck.

Bryan
Bryan March 5, 2015

Thanks that gave me a good idea. I didn't use tomato, just cooked in olive oil onion, jalapeno, garlic, cilantro, cumin, hit of lime, salt and pepper. Then cooked down in some chicken stock and blender it. It is yummy.

Voted the Best Reply!

C Sangueza
C Sangueza March 5, 2015

Bryan,

Now I've been reading up on Cuban sandwiches, with enough mustard, pickle ham and cheese you should be fine. Maybe a mustard, vinegar and oil mix drizzled over the sliced pork.