🔕 🔔

what can i add to make my water melon drink spicey to serve my friends at a convention

what can i add to my water melon drink to make it spicy,to serve my friends at a convention on a hot sunny day.

asked by nkem anene almost 3 years ago

Jalapeños go well with melons. I'd roast them first to mellow them a bit before blending them in. Or you can always pickle them.

If you're in a place that needs this drink now, I'm jealous. Agree with Daniel on peppers. I sometimes use one tiny hot red one for half a watermelon. Also cilantro (buzzed up abd/or garnish). Assume you're adding vodka or gin, yes? Vodka better if you're sourcing it up (the herbals in gin would be drowned out). Rum or bourbon might work well, pplaying off the sweet melon.

"Sourcing it up" should be "spicing it up". Sorry...

A43dee65 01b1 40a6 994d 068c78eb3eee  9f7dd561 a480 4e1b 8c8f d5da7ab5167c
dinner at ten

dinner at ten is a trusted home cook.

I really like using dried aji amarillo chile in watermelon salad, so I think it would be good in your drink also. It's a very fruity, fairly hot pepper. More about it here: http://www.seriouseats...

If you want to add spice but not really much chile flavor, you could always add just some ground cayenne pepper. It's hot enough that you could make your drink spicy before you'd really start to taste the rest of the chile flavor.

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

a bit of beet horseradish

41127bd3 72ff 4d4a 9406 bb83fa8bfbed  img 0275

If you have access to Aleppo Pepper, it would be wonderful on the rim of the glass. Rub rim of glass with lime and then roll in an Aleppo pepper/salt mixture.

Ginger!