Brunch for fifty

I am in charge of a brunch at church for fifty women. Any ideas for eggs dishes for a crowd? I was initially thinking of making frittatas until I found out how large the gathering was turning out to be! It was originally going to be 20. Help!

asked by KimmyV over 3 years ago

luvcookbooks
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Make a strata! Also called Featherbed Eggs, they are super easy to make. The basic idea is a like a baked French toast with more egg and milk. You can add cheese, meat or vegetables. You can make it the night before and just put it in the oven the next morning. Add juice, fruit, coffee and maybe a little something sweet, like a mini muffin and you should be all set. It's classic church lady food. :). Check this site for variations. Sage green has an excellent egg casserole that I brought to a potluck.

another possibility - Italian Easter pie. - double-crusted egg spinach Parmesan & ricotta - delicious, can be made ahead, served hit warm or room temp. See Anita Sheldon torta di spinachi recipe in NYT cookbook edited by Amanda.

Regine

This is my most favorite brunch dish. Do two of it. U can prepare it in advance which I actually prefer because it cuts nicely.
https://food52.com/recipes...

Regine

Actually do two 15 inch Pyrex of the bloody sunrise casserole in my prior post by doing 3 times the recipe. Then place half in one 15 inch baking dish and the other half in another baking dish is similar size.

I love stratas or savory bread puddings. They are so easy to put together in advance. You can bake the bread puddings ahead of time and just reheat on the day of service, or refrigerate the uncooked ones and bake the day of. Baking ahead shortens the time needed to get them on the table - presuming your oven space is limited. My favorite savory bread pudding includes ham, spinach and Italian fontina cheese, but you can sub out different meats, veggies, cheeses for a totally different flavor profile.

keg72

I'd suggest a baked egg dish -- quiche or a strata -- that is more on the savory side and a baked French toast that's more on the sweet side. That should satisfy everyone! Also, you could round out the meal with a nice fruit salad and either bagels (which I'd serve pre-cut) or some other bread product.

Healthline

If you're looking for a quiche recipe, this Quiche Florentine only requires a few ingredients and you probably already have most of them in your pantry: http://www.healthline.com/health-recipes/quiche-florentine