What (egg-less) brunch recipes can I make or prepare the night before?

Can anyone recommend brunch recipes that I can make in their entirety the night before - the key here is I am serving brunch for guests who do not eat eggs. They eat eggs IN things, but not eggs as the main dish, so frittata, quiche, etc., are not options. I get anxious about timing and I'd like to be able to prepare as much as possible the night before. Thanks in advance for ideas!

• Posted by: Melanie
  • January 3, 2014

Voted the Best Reply!

Pegeen January 3, 2014

You could make a French toast casserole. It's not egg-less but you said they'll eat invisible eggs, so maybe that works? Fruit salad. A ham, or ham and cheese on biscuits. Grilled cheese on brioche? Bagels, cream cheese, lox.

Pegeen January 3, 2014

p.s. Yogurt with a nice granola

henandchicks
henandchicks January 3, 2014

I sometimes like a rice dish for brunch- like kedgeree, but instead of smoked haddock, salmon is used. Nigella Lawson has a recipe for this somewhere.

ZombieCupcake
ZombieCupcake January 3, 2014

Cobbler or a cinnamon rolls, if your guests have a sweet tooth.

Sam1148 January 3, 2014

Boiled shrimp.
A Glazed Spiral cut ham.
Melon ball skewers with layers of basil and Procuitto ham with a drizzle of mint simple syrup.
(And some without the ham for vegans).
Preprep all the veggies for a bloody mary bar service. (Celery, Cucumber spears, pickled okra, pickled green beans, Olives).
Pre-prep all the setup table ware dishes for the bloody mary or Mimosa service. Martini glasses for shrimp cocktails. Have the lettuce chopped, lemon sliced, and cocktail sauce made.
Take advantage of vac packed products like smoked salmon or make that the night before and chill it for salmon and bagals and capers.
And of course you can have all the types of breakfast muffins made and ready to serve and or a coffee cake.
And the traditional 'recipe on the box' bisquick cheese sausage biscuits.

Pegeen January 3, 2014

This Smoked Trout Paté, on a bagel, would be delicious.
http://food52.com/blog...

LE BEC FIN
LE BEC FIN January 3, 2014

*Hash- sweet potato/yam and salmon or ham, w/ onion and spices.
*Strata- bread and cheese layered with any kind of filling, milk and egg binding mixture poured over to be absorbed overnight, then baked off that morning and served room temp or reheated
Muffins, coffeecake baked day before
* Cobb Salad- chicken, apple, nuts, etc. mixed with dressing day before

TobiT
TobiT January 3, 2014

Bread pudding, sweet or savory. Bake the night before, reheat that morning. Depending on the recipe, you can serve with a warmed up fruit compote or brandy sauce.

Also, I once made crepes the night before, froze them, warmed them, and then had people put in their desired filling -(also made the night before) I remember being about surprised that this worked and the crepes were neither dry or soggy, but I don't recall if there was a special trick to it

LE BEC FIN
LE BEC FIN January 3, 2014

tob, just for the future, there is no need to freeze unfilled crepes for a day.Actually you could leave them out for a day, covered of course, at room temp if you wanted, with no real danger.

Kate
Kate January 4, 2014

Pancakes! Not 100% make-ahead, but if you get the ingredients together the night before, it's not too hard to manage morning-of either.