🔕 🔔

Matcha Mint Ice Creme and Coconut Milk

For the Matcha Mint Ice Creme it calls for Lite Coconut Milk. Is this only for health reasons or will this work with full fat coconut milk?

8f5038ed 8aca 4d33 aef7 8a0ce63adc40  img00019 20100929 0432 1

The recipe author states,"I found that cans of light coconut milk contain enough fat to add a rich creaminess to the ice cream -- but not so creamy that it overpowers the freshness of the mint and matcha (such as full-fat cans of coconut milk have done for me in the past)." I assume its for the consistency than a lower calorie preference.

21cce3cd 8e22 4227 97f9 2962d7d83240  photo squirrel

from lamb chops' quote, it sounds like the author thinks full fat coconut milk has a flavor that overpowers the matcha etc.

239f46df 56e5 44e7 bccd 04b56ff8320b  original

If all you have is full fat, but want to use lite, lite coconut milk is just a watered down version of the full fat kind - I always buy cans of full fat, as they are usually the same price and you get more out of them, and use about 1/3 can mixed with 2/3 can of water in place of 1 can of lite.