Sourcing a Kosher for Passover cake

Does anyone have any GREAT KFP cakes that are not flourless chocolate cakes?
Thanks!

Sarah is Food52's senior staff writer & stylist.

Chocolate walnut Torte by Maida Heatter (rich); lemon ice torte w/ strawberry rhubarb sauce (refreshing, makes you remember spring after a long winter) in Bon Appetit April 1994; sweet potato cake with dark chocolate topping (gluten-free, Sephardic from Algeria, weird at first to western tastes but delicious) from la cuisine juive, 1984 by Yana & Farhi. you may be able to find the last on the web or I can adapt and post it here.

cirrectiin - lemon torte recipe was published not in 1994, but 1991.

Sarah Jampel
Sarah Jampel

Thanks, Nancy! Can't WAIT to try these.

Sarah - can't find this sweet potato recipe on line. It's very simple - poach sweet potato discs in simple syrup (vanilla bean optional), drain, mash, shape, chill. Make a paste of melted dark chocolate and (granulated) sugar, equal amounts, spread on top, chill again. You get the bitter sweet crunchy chocolate top with the soft rich sweet potato underneath. If you & your table follow Sephardic rules, you may use confectioners sugar instead of granulated. Both work.

This cake: https://food52.com/recipes... (Fabulous)

Aliwaks

I like a pavlova to end Passover- is that a cake??? Whipped coconut cream in place of cream cream to keep kosher with chocolate & toasted almonds or with fresh fruit

This is hazelnut cake with a bittersweet chocolate glaze is fabulous, and my children ask why I only make it on Passover. I think that's a good indicator of how good it is: http://www.epicurious.com...

(I forgot to add, I usually replace the lemon zest with orange zest).

Stephanie

Orange almond cake! My new favorite. This recipe is pretty close to mine. I use less sugar but stick it in a food processor for a few whizzes, so it's almost superfine sugar.

https://food52.com/recipes...

jakestavis

Jeni's Splendid Ice Cream Desserts (the second Jeni's cookbook) has a great "macaroon cake," made with almonds (or really any nuts you have on hand). Not sure if I can find the recipe online though