🔕 🔔

A Small Container for Storing AND Spritzing Lemon Juice?

Anyone found a solution for this? For some reason, my mind just realized that there is a small squeeze bottle on my island- that has been waiting for me to notice it for the last many months.....so i suppose that could work. Any other new or repurposed containers you have found?

My experience is that fresh lemon juice loses its best flavor after 1..2..3...5...8? days, so I would just use it to store a small amount of lemon juice at a time. I'm a fresh lemon juice nut (acid-freak!) and lemon wedges make my hands sticky and requiring a wash, so i've been wanting to ask about a tool- for many years! Thx much!

asked by LE BEC FIN about 3 years ago

Liza's Kitchen NYC

I happen to like these:

http://www.bedbathandbeyond...

But I put the lemon in a plastic baggy or aluminum foil around the lemon to keep it fresh longer.

Another way to have accesible fresh juice...puncture the lemon with a cute plastic spigot (see hardware & kitchen stores) that opens the lemon and allows you to squeeze however much juice you need until it's finished. Rinse, repeat.

LE BEC FIN

nancy, i followed your suggestion and watched a youtube. My one question is this:
do you ultimately get the full amount of juice that you would if you used a juicer? thx much!

Not sure, probably close if not equal. if you compare the two methods, please let us know results.

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Nancy, I'm intrigued -- is the cute plastic spigot made specifically for juicing citrus, or is it a Macguyver of a spigot that exists for some other purpose?

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

...I ask b/c you mention hardware stores (and also I've never heard of this product).

KristenW - they're specifically made, not MacGyver solution. Tupperware started years ago, now I see them more widely and cheaply. I''ll post a photo or link if I can find them.

update. Search for citrus or lemon juice spigot. You''ll find YouTube demo, reviews, listings. One prominent brand is Sunkist (natch).

Kristen W.
Kristen W.

Kristen W. is a trusted home cook.

Thanks!