🔕 🔔

I just made popovers for the first time. What should interior texture be for properly baked popover? Should baking vessel always be preheated?

Is the only difference between popover and yorkshire pudding the addition of beef fat to baking vessel?

asked by Lisa Poe Taylor over 2 years ago

48dd002c 4c45 4b84 8006 ac8614d467cd  dsc00859 2

The interiors are moist with lots of open steam pockets for butter and jam. They should be puffy. Dry on the exterior. If they slumped in the middle, then they didn't rise properly, but they would still be good.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

Hi! Yes on the vessel being preheated, it makes sure they "pop" and I think they are essentially the same as Yorkshire pudding with beef fat being the variable

Oh and I like this basic recipe - I have made it several times - the directions get you to the perfect popover!

https://food52.com/recipes...

9222c532 27a1 4ba1 88e4 001b7bd829f8  image

I've always preheated the pan. The insides should be a bit wet.