ground beef and baked beans

Was thinking about how this recipe would sound. Thinking large can of baked beans, aa Lb. of grond beef, sautéed onions, and was wondering if some beef gravy would be a bad additional ingredient?

• Posted by: George
  • January 10, 2016

Susan W January 10, 2016

Sounds like an easy and tasty meal. I'd probably throw some garlic in there as well.

C Sangueza
C Sangueza January 10, 2016

I'd say it depends on what your motive is. Do you want to clean our cupboards or do you want to make a hearty meal? I would not like the sweetness of the baked beans together with gravy. I would use the gravy and the ground beef in a separate dish but as CV always says - it's your call as to what you like.

702551
702551 January 10, 2016

LOL, it seems like most of my work here is done. ;-)

Ground beef, baked beans, and gravy? That sounds like a completely unbalanced gut buster. Not my thing, but hey, if it's your style, go for it. After all, it's headed to your dinner table, not mine.

sexyLAMBCHOPx January 10, 2016

I might add a large can of diced tomatoes instead of gravy.

Susan W January 10, 2016

I agree with Chops on the tomatoes replacing the gravy. I missed the "baked" in reference to the beans.

George
George January 10, 2016

Thank you Susan, C and sexy...was also considering the tomatoes...will try and let you know...for some reason the gravy didn't sound right..also added some garlic..

Maedl January 10, 2016

It sounds a bit like student food to me. I woukd make meat balls, with a barbecue sauce if some sort and have the baked beans on the side.