ground beef and baked beans

Was thinking about how this recipe would sound. Thinking large can of baked beans, aa Lb. of grond beef, sautéed onions, and was wondering if some beef gravy would be a bad additional ingredient?

asked by George over 2 years ago

Sounds like an easy and tasty meal. I'd probably throw some garlic in there as well.

C Sangueza

I'd say it depends on what your motive is. Do you want to clean our cupboards or do you want to make a hearty meal? I would not like the sweetness of the baked beans together with gravy. I would use the gravy and the ground beef in a separate dish but as CV always says - it's your call as to what you like.

LOL, it seems like most of my work here is done. ;-)

Ground beef, baked beans, and gravy? That sounds like a completely unbalanced gut buster. Not my thing, but hey, if it's your style, go for it. After all, it's headed to your dinner table, not mine.

I might add a large can of diced tomatoes instead of gravy.

I agree with Chops on the tomatoes replacing the gravy. I missed the "baked" in reference to the beans.

George

Thank you Susan, C and sexy...was also considering the tomatoes...will try and let you know...for some reason the gravy didn't sound right..also added some garlic..

It sounds a bit like student food to me. I woukd make meat balls, with a barbecue sauce if some sort and have the baked beans on the side.