🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Sweet and Savory Overnight Roast Pork

D0da8160 b637 4a69 b90d 4bc7d91b836a  pork roast food52 mark weinberg 14 05 06 0148

I have a question about the recipe "Sweet and Savory Overnight Roast Pork" from Merrill Stubbs. Easter Ham? I did this pork a few weeks back and it was fantastic. I am niow plannin on cooking my easter ham. Could i use this as a basis for cooking my ham? I am hoping to get that nice crunchy outer crust without drying it out. I bought a bone in ham shank that is alrady cooked.

asked by jlavoie about 3 years ago

I haven't used this for a ham before, but I think the rub would work well. You'd want to cook it for much less time at a higher heat so that you get a good crust and don't dry out the meat.